Friday, October 23, 2015

Vegans can't and don't tell you what to do

Vegans can only point you toward the facts. What you do with the information is completely up to you.
Vegans (or those who are transitioning to veganism, like me) don't tell you what to do. How can we possibly tell you what to do? You're not really listening. In fact, you shouldn't. That is, not without doing some non-biased research of your own. Plus, we're just stating facts. The conclusions are up to you.

You can walk away any time.

When you think vegans are telling you what to do, you don't have to listen. No one is forcing you to listen. If you'd rather keep on living in your comfort zone, I don't blame you. It's more comfortable NOT to think about the things we bring to your attention, isn't it? I know because I've been there. I wasn't always a vegan, you know?

We do bring things to your attention.

So would you, if you knew what we know. For instance, there are horrendous things going on in the world. Environmental issues, dwindling resources, droughts, famine, starvation, etc. You know that.

What you probably don't know is that many of them can be permanently solved with veganism. That's because many of them are caused by the human race's voracious appetite for meat. It's OK if you don't believe me.

I'm still not telling you what to do.

However, if you're interested in what the connection is, well, would you believe The United Nations? They recommend a vegan diet as the most effective way to save the planet. Check it out.

We do talk about how wonderful it feels to be vegan.

It really does feel great to be vegan. Even if you're still transitioning, like me. It's awesome to wake up in the morning knowing that you are contributing to the improvement of the planet, rather than buying into its' downfall. It doesn't hurt to know that nobody dies to feed you. In fact, it feels great! It puts you at ease with the world and in touch with nature.

That's why we're always talking about it.

Because we're incredibly happy and we want to spread the news so that everyone else can be happy too. And of course, some folks misinterpret that and think we're some kind of cult or something. But again, you don't have to go vegan. The choice is up to you because we're not a cult at all.

We only speak the truth.

It's tempting here to give you some catchy line like, “You can't handle the truth!” But I'm not like that. Instead, I would like to say that every time I speak of a fact related to going or being vegan or even being an omnivore, eating meat or dairy, etc, I'm telling you the absolute truth.

How do I know?

Well, I know, because I don't base my life on the traditions that got us in to this mess. I base it on those that will get us out of it. I do my research. I double, triple and even quadruple check my facts. But mostly, I do not rely on sources that are financed or profit from the information they contain.

Vegans can't make you do anything.

That's all you. No one can really force anything on anyone. Oh sure, if I could wave my magic wand, the world would be a different place. That's because I've been doing continual research on this subject for over 40 years. I went vegetarian at the age of 13. I'll be 56 next week. That's a long term nutritional education.

I sometimes educate my own doctors on nutritional healing.

They've been blown away at times to find that what I'm saying is true and effective, even though they were never taught about it. Of course, they're only required to have a little over 20 hours of nutritional training, unless they're nutritionists. Even then, many of them study from texts paid for or influenced by the meat and dairy industry. In fact, our very nutritional standards for this country were originally written up by the meat and dairy council. Isn't that crazy?

Vegans give you a wake up call

If you choose to push the snooze button and go back to sleep, that's up to you. Nobody's forcing you to listen. We just wish you would. Why does it matter so much to us? It matters because we know that our personal future depends on the actions of every single person on this planet. So does yours. That's why we try so hard to get you to see what's going on. That's why it may seem like we're forcing our lifestyle on you. But that's not what we're doing at all.

This isn't a religious thing, a political thing or a cult thing.

It's a scientifically proven, factual actuality. Our kids and grand-kids won't have any future at all unless we drastically change our ways. A huge part of that change has to entail going vegan. That's just a simple fact.

But vegans aren't not telling you what to do.

We're telling it like it is. Whether you listen is up to you. Plus, I could never tell you everything I know in one article, one conversation, or even thousands of article and conversations. I'm also not here to defend every argument you have against going vegan. I'm just living my life the way I feel is right, based on my own research and then telling others a few of the things that I've learned.

Please look it up for yourself.

I'm confident that if you do your research through non-monetarily or politically influenced resources, you'll find out that the things I've been telling you all along are true. You might even learn a few things about going vegan that even I don't know. Because such research is not a brainwashing, it's an honest educational experience. No one is forcing you to educate yourself. No one is telling you what to do. Not even us “pushy” vegans.

Believe it or not, we're just trying to show you a better way.

One that I've researched the crap out of for over 40 years and found no fault with. One that leads to a better world. One that's not based on tradition or hearsay, but fact.

It's up to you whether you choose to pursue it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment