|Pulling up a head of lettuce is very different than killing a sentient being.|
Recent research suggests that plants have feelings too. But, come on now. Do you really mean to suggest that pulling a carrot from the ground is the same or worse than killing a sentient being? Or are you grasping at straws to make yourself feel better about consuming meat and dairy? Or maybe, to make vegans and vegetarians look foolish just because they don't happen to agree with you?
Because let's be honest folks, we all know it's not the same thing, don't we?
- Sentient beings have a central nervous system.
- Sentient beings have families who grieve their loss.
- Farmed animals are held against their will.
- Farmed animals are subjected to painful procedures without anesthetic.
- Farmed animals are forced to have babies.
- Farmed animals have those babies taken away from them to be turned into products themselves.
- Farmed animals show obvious attachment to said babies.
Plus, I haven't even listed all of the atrocities humans commit against other animals here. Our actions in this area designate us as not the smartest race, but the stupidest.
Animal agriculture is killing the planet. It's killing us and it's taking down the entire animal and plant kingdom right along with us.
And if you don't believe any of that, think of this:
The majority of crops (plants) grown in the USA are grown and harvested to feed farmed animals.
So, if you truly believe that plants have feelings, consuming meat and dairy is also the worst thing you can do to the plants.
Common sense. Get you some. LOL