Sunday, October 9, 2016

Vegan posts vs. Bigotry posts

What exactly is the difference? Both are extreme views. Both are pushy and annoying. Yes? Or at least so the majority of people think.

Personally, I think there's nothing extreme or pushy about asking for peace and compassion, such as I did in the above meme. But hey, what do I know?

Anyway.... The other day, someone on Facebook who was upset at me for calling them out on their obviously biased (blacks are the root of all evil!) post mentioned that they never said anything to me when I posted “my vegan crap.”

The thing is though, there is a huge difference between blaming black folks or anyone else for everything bad in the universe and asking people to be more compassionate.

You see, folks, bigotry is based in ignorance and hatred. Whereas, the fact that I'm going vegan is all about the love. Well, that and the facts.

Love does not promote, require or project exclusion.

So, comparing peaceful vegan posts to bigotry posts makes no sense.

Of course you don't comment on my vegan posts. Of course you respect my right to post as I please. That's because I am not spewing hate and exclusion.

The only thing I'm spewing is love and the request that others be more loving. That shouldn't offend anyone. Unless, of course, their bigotry includes hatred for vegans.

Oh.

And FYI, I have absolutely no problem with people who are not in agreement with me posting their beliefs. I do, however, have a huge problem with spreading hatred and intolerance. And there IS a difference.

Sigh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment